#CulturedKids December 2016

#CulturedKids December 2016

Here in the UK, frost is on the ground and we’re nearing the end of the year. This is the time when arts turn festive, so I’m looking forward to reading about your wintertime cultural fun in this #CulturedKids December link-up. As for us, so far we’ve enjoyed an ice-skating session at the historic Tower of London, and a trip to see the Snowman at Sadler’s Wells’ Peacock Theatre – now into its 19th consecutive year, and a bit of a London Christmas staple. The tree’s going up this weekend, and we’re hosting a drinks and nibbles session for old friends. Can’t wait.

There were some beautiful festive posts last month on #CulturedKids. Megan from Truly Madly Kids watched the Nutcracker performed on ice, at Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland, which was much appreciated by her family (look at those smiles!).

HexMum went to see the Northern Ballet’s performance of Beauty and the Beast, at the Theatre Royal Norwich.

Northern Ballet

Picture credit: Northern Ballet

And – not festive exactly, but sounding utterly marvellous, and prompting ideas for Christmas book-buying, there was Me and My Shadow, who heard David Walliams talk live on stage about his latest book, The Midnight Gang.

walliams

The #CulturedKids linky will stay open until Thursday 5 January, so do pop by and add any posts you write over the holiday season. Of course, not everyone celebrates Christmas, and you might have written about a non-Christmas event, so please do join in with any old or new posts on theatre, museums, galleries, art, historic places…..Just don’t forget to add the #CulturedKids badge, or link back to the Pigeon Pair and Me.

See you on the other side, in 2017!

Nell x

Loading InLinkz ...

1. December 2, 2016 / 9:31 am

I forgot about last month’s linky as it as only the day after we got back from Vietnam and I was distracted but happy to remember today. Do you tweet reminders? If so I’d love to be on the list because I have plenty of material for months to come even without doing another cultural thing (which is unlikely!!) Thanks for hosting, I do love the theme of this linky.

December 2, 2016 / 10:14 am

Hi Phoebe! Yes, I’ve just been tweeting away. Didn’t include you this time round as I saw you’d already joined in – thanks ever so much! I do hope all my tweets are reaching the recipients and not being treated as ‘spam’ by Twitter. If you have any tips on that from your own experience, please shout xx

2. December 2, 2016 / 10:39 am

Oh no so sorry just read you should only link one post! Feel free to remove the other two oops. Lots of lovely stuff happening in London this month and beyond, so hopefully will be back with more for the next roundup 🙂 x

December 2, 2016 / 11:20 am

Please do Uju! Loved reading your posts – the next one’s live on Jan 5th. Thanks for joining in xx

December 2, 2016 / 2:44 pm

And thanks for joining in, lovely! xx

3. December 2, 2016 / 6:06 pm

Thanks for hosting and reminding me of the linkup!

December 8, 2016 / 7:45 pm

Thanks for joining in!

4. December 7, 2016 / 5:03 am

Culture link up is a great idea. Museums and history are always on our agenda when we travel as a family but I do try to balance it out with playgrounds and spas:) (wait- spas is a cultural experience, isn’t it?:)

December 9, 2016 / 10:34 am

Of course! Clears your head so you can think lofty thoughts 🙂