On Saturday 19th March, along with Penny Alexander, Swazi Rodgers (and maybe even some more culture vultures), I’ll be running round the streets of London, trying to visit as many of the capital’s 300+ museums and art galleries as I can during opening hours, to raise money for Sport Relief.
I’ve already posted about the Team Honk day-long London museum dash here. Sport Relief gives half its money raised to good causes in the UK, and half to people in need overseas. Even £1 can make a difference. If you’d like to donate, you can sponsor me here.
Over the weekend, I spent the day with the lovely Becky Goddard-Hill, who has already completed an impressive Team Honk #passtheproud challenge for Sport Relief. She suggested holding a London museum dash sweepstake, to see if anyone could guess correctly the number of museums and art galleries we can visit. What a fantastic idea – thanks, Becky! So, here it is: the London museum dash sweepstake.
The rules are simple:
- visit my Sport Relief giving page and sponsor me for £1. You can also sponsor Penny, Swazi or one of the other Museum dashers to enter the sweepstake. And, of course, you can sponsor any of us for more than £1 – but even a small amount makes a difference
- post the number of museums and art galleries you think we will visit in the comments below. Only one try, mind you!
- You need to post your comment before 9am on Saturday 19th March
- The person who guesses the correct total number of museums and art galleries – or who comes closest – will win a prize. Exactly what the prize is, will be revealed soon – but rest assured it will be London-related! I’ll update this post as soon as I have more news
- If more than one person guesses the correct number, the winners will be entered into a rafflecopter, and the overall winner will be selected at random
- The winner will be contacted by email and/or Twitter by Wednesday 23 March. They will need to accept the prize by Friday 25 March, or another winner will be selected
- My usual competition terms and conditions apply.